Next weekend Harmony Church hosts the Grace and Glory Conference again. I am sure it is going to be every bit as amazing as the previous years. If there is one event you do not want to miss out on this year let it be Grace and Glory 2014. Amazing teaching that liberates, encourages and makes the “Good News”, the Best News. If you’re in for a weekend that sees Jesus becoming even more amazing, God even greater, touched by the Holy Spirit, and celebrate the best news you can ever get from the greatest God, I hope you’ll find your way to Harmony on 30, 31 May and 1 June to close it off. More information here >>>
Come and see Rob and Glenda Rufus and Chad and Jay Mansbridge and be amazed by the profound teachings. It’s been a highlight in my year every time!
Along the Waimakariri looking for something to shoot on a warm day in the middle of the day. They are digging there for rocks and this leaves puddles and gaps in the banks that fill up with water. I was actually amazed the play of colors and lines in blue and grey right in front of me.
All it took was taking out distracting colors and for the rest let the remaining colors and lines do the work. Simple!
A walk through Hagley Park today provided (as usual I would almost say) for stunning scenery. The oranges and yellows of Autumn are hard to beat. At the same time the beautiful greens of the Native Garden with all the ferns and was like a green oasis in the middle of the park.
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?
Matthew 6: 28-30
Hard to beat isn’t it?
It was strange seeing such a colorful, almost spring like display of colors.
11 See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
12 Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
Song of Songs 2
The winter has yet to start for real! However snow is predicted for today. It reminded me of a sing from my childhood in the Netherlands:
Het leek opeens een beetje Mei in October
(translated: Al of a sudden it seemed like May in October)
And here we would have to turn that around and say it seemed like October in May.
What an amazing time I had shooting the sunrise at New Brighton beach with my son Tom, a skilled eight year old shooter himself. More at my Flickr photostream
Earlier this weekend a walk with my oldest son in one of the many domains in and around Christchurch. It was beautiful in the forest.
A walk with the whole family from Corsair Bay to Cass Bay came with amazing skies as we started in relatively beautiful weather but it turned around with heavy clouds coming in from the sea. Early Dutch painters would have had a field day here.
So here some highlights, enjoy.
- Awaiting autumn (boticca.com)
- First signs of Autumn (alexbondblog.com)
- Look of the Day: Autumn Leaves (fabsugar.com)
- Firefighters called to Christchurch house fire (nzherald.co.nz)
- The russets, the purples and the reds of early autumn (ordinarygood.wordpress.com)
- The Coming of Autumn ( fr: Autumn’s Grace ). (thepoetvoice.wordpress.com)
- Helping Christchurch (pinnaclelife.co.nz)
- Jackie’s Travel Diary: The Secret of the South, NZ (myclub.worldmarksp.com)
- How (and where) will Christchurch be rebuilt? CERA boss answers readers’ questions (nzherald.co.nz)
- Top 10 Autumn Work Wardrobe (johnlewis.com)
Where: Harmony Church, Oaklands School, Halswell
Cost: Single $25/Couple $40 door charge Sponsorship available (Includes morning & afternoon tea)
More info: www.harmony.org.nz
- God’s Daily Promise #5 (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- Daily Promise #1 (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- Citywide Worship and Prayer Night with Sean Feucht (johndierckx.wordpress.com)
- Daily Promise – December 13 – God is for you, not against you and He will go before you and fight your battles on your behalf (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- Why the BIBLE Path? (choosingthebiblepath.com)
- Arriving At Lake Taupo. – Taupo, New Zealand (travelpod.com)
- Trafficking In Spite of Revival (choosingthebiblepath.com)
- exactly how much should a leader give? (joeyasher.com)