Last month I wrote a blog post with the title “Water” which covered amongst others the fountain in Hagley Park in Christchurch, the Pupu Springs, the Wanui Falls, and, the Maruia Falls. I remember well how we were there that time in June and I wished that I had a camera that could zoom in more. My then Fuji Finepix A900 allowed for 3x optical zoom and I had never been that impressed with the digital zoom option. Now I had my birthday present, a Fuji Finepix S4000 with me which allows for 30x optical zoom. It is not easy to keep it still but you get used to it and it was amazing just to look through the view finder and close up in itself.
To see the sheer power of the water coming down in large quantities.
What an amazing sight and sound for that matter (Just thinking we may need to go back now to film it).
Maybe it is me but I just like a little child, in awe with God‘s creation. And while I was in awe, my eye caught this little bird that apparently was not half as impressed as I was as it was flying around dangerously close to the thundering down water. Or perhaps he was more aware or conscious than I how much “His eye is on the sparrow” indeed.
All in all it felt like a renewed introduction to these beautiful falls that formed the perfect stop for the boys: spectacular sights and heaps of rocks to throw in the (thundering) water.
More to follow in my flickr photostream
- Photo Journal: water (johndierckx.wordpress.com)
- Photo Journal: His Eye is on the Sparrow (Again) and Psalm 84 (johndierckx.wordpress.com)
- Fujifilm FinePix S2950 14MP 18x Digital Camera for $170 + free shipping (9to5toys.com)
- Day 10. Monday. Kaiteriteri to Murchison. – Murchison, New Zealand (travelpod.com)
- News: Fujifilm FinePix S3200 14 MP Digital Camera with Fujinon 24x Super Wide Angle Optical Zoom Lens and 3-Inch LCD (murdr.blogspot.com)
- First day in Christchurch (nathanaelnz.wordpress.com)
- Photo Journal: Being in the right place at the right time (johndierckx.wordpress.com)
- Te Waikoropupu Springs & Totaranui – Takaka, New Zealand (travelpod.com)
- Fuji 3D Cameras (dogolblog.wordpress.com)
- John’s Midwinter Madness Camp (nonutsjournal.wordpress.com)