Art by Gerda Keurentjes http://www.gekk-art.nl
All of a sudden it hit me. We may be sitting there studying the Bible and then (at least in my case) I will end up pondering what I think of a certain passage or verse. But the way I ‘judge’ the Word is actually not what it is all about: it is all about the Word judging me, it shows me what my intentions are, where my own heart is.
And woth that in mind, the Bible is indeed “the living word” that is at the basis of the transformation that comes through living a life in Christ, a Spirit lead life. Here we have a Father, God, who speaks to us through the Bible, that shows us where we are in our relationship with Him, who we really are, and as a result transforms us. So, hmm…, what does it really tell me if I find particular passages dull or not of any particular interest?
The words of God are given not for us to have our opinion on but to penetrate our souls. All of a sudden I need to re-evaluate the way I am reading the Bible. The right question seems no longer “what are my thoughts on this or that passage?”, but “what’s happening in my heart when I read this passage?”
What a great start of the year.
- Bible Challenge – “A WAY WITH WORDS” (pjsprayerline.blogspot.com)
- What God said today… (lizetteclaudio.com)
- New David And Goliath Movie Will Basically Turn The Bible Into 300 (cinemablend.com)
- The power and glory of King James Bible (boston.com)
- Lessons From Babel (dangeroustalk.net)
- Sanctuary: Avoiding the Spotlight (jenniferjanes.wordpress.com)
- Where Did John the Baptist’s Parents Come From? Reading the Gospels “with Jewish Eyes” (vridar.wordpress.com)
- Melissa Scott ()
- On Having the Right Conclusions But the Wrong Support (inchristus.wordpress.com)
- “JESUS OS My EVERYTHING” (pjsprayerline.blogspot.com)