Billing Schemes: do you know where your money is?


Earlier this year two fraudsters were convicted for defrauding the Otago District Health Board. The case has been covered at length in the media. The fraudsters were found guilty of fraud, which they both denied, in December last year. During the trial, the Crown said they had used 198 invoices from a company formed by one of the two fraudsters, to charge the board $16.9 million for IT-related services that were never provided. The two fraudsters had been billing the Otago Health Board for maintenance and program upgrades and had cashed in around 16.9 million, 10% of which was kept while the other 90% was paid to related companies. One could ask oneself: how could it be that these things happen right under the noses of everyone?

Read the rest of the article at Dierckx & Associates >>>

 

Earlier this year two fraudsters were convicted for defrauding the Otago District Health Board. The case has been covered at length in the media. The fraudsters were found guilty of fraud, which they both denied, in December last year. During the trial, the Crown said they had used 198 invoices from a company formed by one of the two fraudsters, to charge the board $16.9 million for IT-related services that were never provided. The two fraudsters had been billing the Otago Health Board for maintenance and program upgrades and had cashed in around 16.9 million, 10% of which was kept while the other 90% was paid to related companies. One could ask oneself: how could it be that these things happen right under the noses of everyone?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s