PhishBucket.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting job seekers from fraudulent job offers. Check suspicious offers, learn more about how to spot job phish, and search for REAL, phish-free jobs all in one place!
More and more I read about fraudulent or at the least fishy job offers. I guess it should not come a surprise looking at growing unemployment rates world wide.
Some tips to protect yourself in the online job market:
– BE A SKEPTIC;
– RESEARCH, VERIFY, CORROBORATE;
– LIMIT THE ESPECIALLY SENSITIVE INFO YOU PROVIDE AT ALL TIMES UNTIL
YOU THERE’S NO WAY AROUND IT AND YOU KNOW THE OTHER PARTY
– SPECIALIZED BEFORE GENERAL. CONSIDER NICHE SITES
– KYC/KYS: BEFORE GIOVING OUT SENSITIVE INFO, BE SURE YOU KNOW
WHOM YOU ARE GIVING OT TO
– CONSIDER LOW TECH AND LOCAL SO FACE TO FACE IS POSSIBLE
There are many valuable insights to be read on the site as well as suspicious and fraudulent offers.
Welcome to a new watchdog. A site with lots of valuable information: http://www.phishbucket.org/main/.