What an amazing time I had shooting the sunrise at New Brighton beach with my son Tom, a skilled eight year old shooter himself. More at my Flickr photostream
Earlier this weekend a walk with my oldest son in one of the many domains in and around Christchurch. It was beautiful in the forest.
A walk with the whole family from Corsair Bay to Cass Bay came with amazing skies as we started in relatively beautiful weather but it turned around with heavy clouds coming in from the sea. Early Dutch painters would have had a field day here.
So here some highlights, enjoy.
- Awaiting autumn (boticca.com)
- First signs of Autumn (alexbondblog.com)
- Look of the Day: Autumn Leaves (fabsugar.com)
- Firefighters called to Christchurch house fire (nzherald.co.nz)
- The russets, the purples and the reds of early autumn (ordinarygood.wordpress.com)
- The Coming of Autumn ( fr: Autumn’s Grace ). (thepoetvoice.wordpress.com)
- Helping Christchurch (pinnaclelife.co.nz)
- Jackie’s Travel Diary: The Secret of the South, NZ (myclub.worldmarksp.com)
- How (and where) will Christchurch be rebuilt? CERA boss answers readers’ questions (nzherald.co.nz)
- Top 10 Autumn Work Wardrobe (johnlewis.com)
Where: Harmony Church, Oaklands School, Halswell
Cost: Single $25/Couple $40 door charge Sponsorship available (Includes morning & afternoon tea)
More info: www.harmony.org.nz
- God’s Daily Promise #5 (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- Daily Promise #1 (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- Citywide Worship and Prayer Night with Sean Feucht (johndierckx.wordpress.com)
- Daily Promise – December 13 – God is for you, not against you and He will go before you and fight your battles on your behalf (sharinhislove.wordpress.com)
- Why the BIBLE Path? (choosingthebiblepath.com)
- Arriving At Lake Taupo. – Taupo, New Zealand (travelpod.com)
- Trafficking In Spite of Revival (choosingthebiblepath.com)
- exactly how much should a leader give? (joeyasher.com)
Worship leader & song writer Sean Feucht is founder of a grassroots global worship, prayer and missions organisation called Burn 24/7. He has produced twelve worship albums, numerous teaching resources and recently co-authored his first book “Fire and Fragrance” (he co-leads the “Fire & Fragrance” DTS with YWAM in Hawaii). His lifelong quest and dream is to witness a generation of burning hearts arise across the nations of the world with renewed faith, vision and sacrificial pursuit after the Presence of God. He also works with IHOP (International House of Prayer). He is married to his gorgeous wife Kate and is a new father to their baby girl, Keturah Liv. He lives in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. http://seanfeucht.com/
And if you’d like to hear more straight away:
See you there!
While watching one of my sons going in the deep for the first time, fire alarm signals started to blow through the pool, and the pool needed to be evacuated.
I was amazed first of all about the resilience of the little seven year old’s while being escorted out in the rain to wait for further instructions.Many of them freezing cold, but nonetheless, calm and relatively unshaken by the whole matter. I guess earthquakes and aftershocks may have some to do with that but mist of all it was the professional and cordial manner in which both swimming pool staff and Russley School staff escorted these children out.
As it turned put it was a drill, but all the same BIG HANDS UP FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!Swimming pool staff, teachers and most of all students. During last assembly I was told that some government departmentt had expressed their amazement about the school environment and the students, well I can say, I wish they had been here today at the pool. 7 year old’s being more disciplined than many adults would have been in the same situation. Calm and following instructions without panicking. It was actually amazing no matter what anyone else says.
I care about safety and emotions well being in these situations and both were taken really good care off. I heard some parents complain about some not so trivial matters. Quite honestly I do not get it, as I know for sure now that my children are in very safe hands now with the staff at Jelly Park and the teachers at Russley School.
- Studies Link Swimming Instruction to Drowning Prevention (prweb.com)
- Why must the pH of swimming pool should be kept at their level (wiki.answers.com)
- School to investigate teen’s drowning in pool (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Do you have to have a fence for a above the in ground pool in new port richey fl (wiki.answers.com)
- Family of drowned WA student files $15M claim (thenewstribune.com)
- Rooftop Pools: Seemingly staid Zurich, Switzerland has added… (curbed.com)
- Glass Pool Fencing Melbourne Is The Best Option For Your House (mydecorarticles.com)
- Google Sketch Up (thespringfieldsacademydotnet.wordpress.com)
- Ohio landlord fights ‘White Only’ pool sign ruling (mercurynews.com)
- Ocean Art Light-Up Jellies, Eerie Glowing Jellyfish for Swimming Pools (laughingsquid.com)
- What To Understand Regarding Glass Fencing Melbourne (mydecorarticles.com)
- Houston Pool Owners Can Save Money, Gain Skills at Free Pool School (prweb.com)
- My Trip to St. Lucia – Coconut Bay Resort and Spa (colesvilletravel.wordpress.com)
- An afternoon swim (challenges30.com)
- Hot weather a boost for city pools (cbc.ca)
- Swimming business buoyant after national win (prweb.com)
- his first pool splash (thefinethings.wordpress.com)
- Just Keep Swimming (moxiemomconfessions.com)
- Swimming lessons (teamoyeniyi.com)
- Water Baby (25hoursblog.wordpress.com)
- Take swimming lessons at a hotel (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- ASCA and USA Swimming Team Up For The New England Coaches Clinic In Boston, October 7-9 (swimmingcoach.wordpress.com)