Worship leader & song writer Sean Feucht is founder of a grassroots global worship, prayer and missions organisation called Burn 24/7. He has produced twelve worship albums, numerous teaching resources and recently co-authored his first book “Fire and Fragrance” (he co-leads the “Fire & Fragrance” DTS with YWAM in Hawaii). His lifelong quest and dream is to witness a generation of burning hearts arise across the nations of the world with renewed faith, vision and sacrificial pursuit after the Presence of God. He also works with IHOP (International House of Prayer). He is married to his gorgeous wife Kate and is a new father to their baby girl, Keturah Liv. He lives in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. http://seanfeucht.com/
And if you’d like to hear more straight away:
See you there!
In the past days I have been approached for guitar lessons by people that have time on their hands during the summer holidays and want to learn some more guitar or that would normally not be able to fit in guitar lessons in their busy schedules.
If you know one of these and are thinking about gifts:
a 4+1 voucher guitar lessons may just be the perfect gift.
Prices vary depending on the duration of the lessons:
- 4+1 * 45 minutes $120 (4* $30 plus free fifth lesson –>
- 4+1 * 60 minutes $150 (4*$40 plus free fifth lesson –>
- 4+1 * 90 minutes $240 (4* $ 60 plus free fifth lesson –>
- 4+1 *120 Minutes $300 (4* $80 plus free fifth lesson –>
I’m off to Smalls in New York without leaving my home in New Zealand
What a glorious day today and listening to a cool session at Smalls in New York at night while enjoying the sunshiny day here in Christchurch.
Smalls was created in 1993 by jazz impresario Mitch Borden, a former nurse and the son of an art-gallery owner. Read the rest and find the link here >>>>
- Photo Journal: Being in the right place at the right time (johndierckx.wordpress.com)
- ArtsBeat: The Shape of Jazz in New York (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Helping Christchurch (pinnaclelife.co.nz)
- Pink’s Impromptu Flawless Jazz Performance! (perezhilton.com)
- Mary Halvorson Quintet At Umbrella Music Festival This Sunday (improvisedcommunications.com)
- Alaska Native Percussionist Goes Jazz; Jazz Goes Native (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Encore Performance Caps Off the Smooth Cruise Summer Jazz Season: Smooth Jazz New York Announces October 7 Double Bill with Phil Perry & Alex Bugnon (prweb.com)
- New York’s Premier Summer Jazz Series Returns: Smooth Jazz New York Announces the 2011 Smooth Cruise Schedule (prweb.com)
- Tonight: Part Three Of Darius Jones’ Ibeam Residency (improvisedcommunications.com)
An amazing series of videos from BBC 4 grouped together by Maria Popova at Brain Pickings >>>.
I could hardly imagine life without music, it would be flat, lifeless almost. But how well do we understand music, why it does what it does and the other way around.
How well do we understand its emotional hold on our brains?How Music Works, a fascinating program from BBC4 (the same folks who brought us The End of God?: A Horizon Guide to Science and Religion), explores just that.
Composer Howard Goodall takes us on a journey into music’s underbelly, examining the four basic elements that make it work: Melody, rhythm, harmony and bass.
Go check it out here >>> sit back and relax, and learn more about music in this fantastic series of videos.