PALO ALTO, CA — August 18, 2009 Immunet, the developer of next generation AntiVirus technologies, today announced the launch of the companys web site and a public Beta of Immunet Protect, the first free AntiVirus product designed to protect your community.
Under development for the past year, Immunet Protect takes a new approach to the decades old virus problem. Immunet leverages the computers of your friends, family and a worldwide global community to harness their collective security. Every time someone in this collective community encounters a threat, everyone else in the community gains protection from that same threat in real time. You no longer have to rely on the isolated security of your current AntiVirus vendor. You will be able to protect your friends and family while being better protected yourself.
If you already have AntiVirus, even better, Immunet Protect will run alongside Norton, McAfee and AVG, enhancing the protection offered by these more traditional products.
Immunet Protect for the Microsoft Windows platform is free and can be downloaded from http://www.immunet.com.
Read the full press release here >>>
Immunet Protect can be obtained here >>>
- Security Updates As Of August 23, 2009
- DLS 101 – How to spot a fake Windows antivirus program
- Immunet kicks off cloud-based antivirus protection
- Morro – Microsofts Security Essential Scheduled To Be Released On Tuesday
- Google suggest proves that a lot of people want Norton, McAffee, and AVG off their PCs
- NOD32 Antivirus Review
- Spyware, Malware, oh my…
- Microsoft ranks No. 7 in anti-virus on eve of beta launch
- Microsoft to give away anti-virus
- Are Free Antivirus Software Equally Good as Paid Antivirus